They are fancy baked potatoes.
They are fun to make and they are fun to eat too.
They are full of butter, cheese, and cream deliciousness.
And they can be all yours… so let’s make them…
Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes
2large whole potatoes
3.5oz (100grams) butter
3.5oz (100grams) Parmesan cheese
2 oz ( 60m l) heavy cream
2oz (60 grams) cheese, grated
Sour cream (Optional)
This is what we need.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
2. Scrub the potatoes clean
3. Using a sharp knife, make slices across the potato, being sure to stop before you reach its bottom.
4. Slice the butter and Parmesan.
5. Next, open the potatoes’ crevices and shove the Parmesan and butter, alternating between the two.
Tip: It helps to put butter in freezer for awhile before cutting it.
6. Transfer the potatoes onto an oiled baking sheet and drizzle a little oil on top of the potatoes.
7. Season with salt and garlic powder. You can be quite generous with salt.
8. Bake for about 60 minutes
9. After about 45 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Drizzle cream over the top and top with grated cheese. Any cheese you like.
10. Return the baking sheet to the oven for the last 15 minutes
And here it is, the precious little baby.
And this is what our lunch looked like today. Scalloped Hasselback Potato with chicken and a little gravy. Yummy!
Enjoy, dear friends.
You can serve it with a dollop of sour cream, it makes a nice flavor combo.